Deferred Disposition requests must be made in person with the Municipal Court of Record in the City of Dickinson.
Dismissing a Violation with Deferred Disposition
You may be eligible for deferred disposition and have your violation dismissed. However, you will lose that right if you do not request deferred disposition at the court on or before your initial appearance date.
Qualifications are as follows:
- If charged with speeding, you were not exceeding the speed by more than 25 over the posted speed limit.
- The offense did not occur in a construction zone or maintenance work one while workers are present, and the citation issued for the violation states workers were present.
- This violation did not result in an accident.
- You are not the holders of a commercial driver's license.
- You are not a juvenile between the ages of 10 and 16.
- You were not charged with passing a school bus while loading or unloading children.
- You failed to obey a school crossing guard.
- You failed to remain at the collision scene or failed to give information and/or aid.
Disqualifications are not limited to the above list of qualifications, for instance: if you have a commercial driver's license you are not eligible for deferred disposition. Deferred disposition may not be granted due to the charge against you. All requests that are denied may be set for court so that you may discuss your specific situation with the judge.
Upon approval of deferred disposition your case will be placed on probation for a period of 90 days. If you are under the age of 25 you are required by law to complete a defensive driving course as a condition of your deferral agreement. Court costs and special expense fees apply-contact the court at 281 337-6297 for specific information.
Failure to Comply
Failure to pay your fees by the appearance date, deferral due date, or receiving a violation during your deferral period will violate your deferred disposition order. Failure to comply with any part of the deferral order will result in max fines to be assessed and a conviction reported on your driving record.
All deferral disposition fees must be paid in person using cash, credit or money orders; cashiers or personal checks made out to the City of Dickinson, Tx and mailed to 4403 Hwy 3, Dickinson, Texas 77539.