Permits are required for building construction, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, pools, signs, and many more. If you are unsure if a permit is needed please consult the Community Development Department by calling 281-337-2489 Ext. 254 or Ext. 259.
All plan review and construction shall be based on the following adopted codes:
- 2018 International Building Code (Commercial Construction)
- 2018 International residential Code (Residential Construction)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 Fuel Gas Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
Submitting Your Permit Applications
Beginning Monday, October 3, 2022
, the City of Dickinson will be using the MyGov online permitting portal.
Through the MyGov portal you can register as a Contractor or Homeowner which will allow you to submit permit applications, upload plans for review, follow review comments, print your permit after approval, schedule inspections, view inspection results and pay all applicable fees.
Customers will need to register online before being able to apply for permits through the portal. Navigate to our MyGov.us page to start the registration process.