About the Court
The Dickinson Municipal Court is the judicial branch of city's government. The court provides a forum for individuals charged with violation(s) of state law and/or city ordinances.
The mission of the court is to "provide efficient, effective, and impartial services through the promotion of justice. The court also strives to facilitate the timely disposition of cases with prompt and courteous service."
Cases that are filed in Municipal Court include, but are not limited to, traffic and parking violations, Class "C" misdemeanors and violations of City Ordinances. View information on the Office of Court Administration's Self-Help website.
Class C Misdemeanors
Class C misdemeanors, or crimes punishable by a maximum fine of $500, include:
- Disorderly conduct
- Minors in possession of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, etc.
- Public intoxication
- Theft less than $100
Traffic violations include but are not limited to:
- Commercial vehicle violations
- Failure to maintain financial responsibility
- Moving and non-moving violations
- No drivers' license
Violations of City Ordinance
Violations of city ordinances Include:
- Curfew violations such as juvenile or park
- Environmental violations such as:
- Animal violations
- Health and safety violations
- Land-development violations
- Rubbish at a residencial or commercial site