As our professional employees perform their duties we know that there are times that a citizen may want to commend the agency or an employee within the Department, for outstanding performance. We are very interested in hearing about good performance because it validates exactly what we are trying to do; provide the very best service possible. There are also times that we may not meet your expectations; we want to hear about these occurrences as well. Please submit the Commendation form.
The mission of the Dickinson Police Department is to effectively provide for the protection of lives and property; preserve the public peace, and provide needed community services with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Integrity: The Dickinson Police Department is built upon a foundation of ethical and professional conduct. We are committed to the highest level of moral principles and ethics. All members of the department will adhere to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics which is a part of this manual.
- Honesty: We will be truthful and trustworthy at all times.
- Fairness: We are committed to equal application of the law to offenders and members of the public as well as the equal application of rules and regulations to all members of the department.
- Courage: We are dedicated to meeting all challenges with the courage needed to accomplish our mission.
- Compassion: We understand our role as community caretakers, and temper our application of the law with compassion and empathy.