The following social media accounts are official pages, administrated and archived by the City of Dickinson.
If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at (281) 337-2489 or email email@example.com. Users and visitors to the City of Dickinson's social media sites will be notified that the intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the City of Dickinson and the public.
Although free speech and cross-communication are encouraged, there are certain topics and issues that are NOT allowed on the City of Dickinson's social media sites comments, links, and uploads.
By way of example, these include, but are not limited to:
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Profane language or content. Abusive or disparaging comments directed at an individual(s).
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, or lack thereof, socio-economic status of an individual(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual expression, discrimination, harassment, or content of any kind or links to sexual content or pornography whether of an adult, minor, or child.
- Any expression of conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or the City’s public safety systems.
- Any expression of words that would disparage the right, title, or interest of legal ownership of any other individual or business.
- Comments that do not pertain to the topic under discussion; including comments containing links to other websites or pages which are not relevant to the topic under discussion.
- References to or inappropriate characterizations of individuals including personal attacks upon any member of the public, City employee, or City official.
- Advertising or promotional announcements of private or commercial enterprises, even if not for profit unless the city is co-sponsoring such activity or event. Only City business-related advertising (services) or promotional announcements (special events) are allowed.
- Individually identifiable information (e.g. address, phone number, and social security numbers) of specific individuals be they City employees, officials, or members of the public.
The City of Dickinson reserves the right to block users who violate these terms. All social media records are archived using a third-party platform and can be requested through the City’s Public Information Request form online: https://dickinsontx.govqa.us/