The City of Dickinson first introduced the Communications Office at the end of 2021. In that time, the City has fully committed to increasing communication with the residents and working to build civic pride within our community through special events and community engagement.
The City of Dickinson currently uses the following resources to disseminate information from all City departments to our residents and stakeholders:
- This Website
- Social Media
- City Marquee Signs
- Press Releases
- Regular Communication with the Local Media
- Partnerships with Civic Groups
- DickinsonALERT is reserved for use for emergent messaging only
The Communications Office is also in charge of planning and coordinating numerous City events with the help of committees, such as:
- July 4th Citizen Appreciation (July 4th)
- Friday Nights on the Square (Spring/Summer)
- Red, White, & Bayou (Labor Day)
- Christmas on the Square (2nd Thursday in December in coordination with the Rotary Christmas Parade
Additionally, the Communications Director provides administrative and creative support to the Dickinson Economic Development Corporation and Bayou Animal Services, as well as event support for local events that are hosted within the City.
If you are interested in being a vendor at a City hosted function, please click here to register.